Get Sciatica Treatment and Pain Relief with Our Canby Chiropractor
Have you ever felt a painful tingling, tightness or jolt of pain run from your buttocks down through your leg? Does this happen regularly, especially since you’ve been in a personal, sports, work-related or automobile accident that caused lower back injuries? If so, you might be suffering from a lower lumbar injury related symptom known as sciatica, and our chiropractor in Canby OR has an array of natural, non-invasive solutions for pain relief.
Common Causes of Sciatica
Any type of trauma that causes tissue or muscle damage that causes swelling that impinges upon sensitive sciatic nerves in the lower region of the back can lead to sciatica. Depending on the injury, sciatica is typically only experienced on the side of the body where the dominant injury is present. Common causes of sciatica include:
- Disc Issues of the Spine - Bulging, slipped or herniated discs put unbearable pressure on the tender lower lumbar region and can irritate the sciatic nerve.
- Spinal Stenosis - This degenerative spinal condition occurs when the spinal canal begins to narrow and pinch nearby sciatic nerve endings.
- Spondylolisthesis - Vertebral shifts that cause misalignments can cause pressure on nerves, which can leave the corresponding buttock and leg in pain with every step.
- Piriformis Syndrome - The piriformis muscle can tighten due to impingements in the buttocks, resulting in muscle spasms that progress into sciatica.
How Our Chiropractor in Canby, OR Diagnoses Sciatica
We want to get to the core cause of your sciatica symptoms. However, there are so many injuries that can put pressure on these tender nerves, that our chiropractor in Canby, OR will have an in-depth consultation with you to discuss your medical history, your specific symptoms, when they began and what seems to trigger the discomfort.
Your doctor will then determine which tests and examinations are most appropriate to get to the root of the problem. These may include x-rays, the range of motion tests, electromyography examinations and/or myelogram tests. With the culprits narrowed down and/or determined, we can customize a chiropractic care treatment program designed to give you maximum relief and help heal the injury actually causing the sciatic symptoms.
Chiropractic Care in Canby, OR for Sciatica
Using time-tested and scientifically proven effective techniques, we can gently help activate your body’s natural ability to heal itself by simply adjusting misplaced vertebrae and using non-invasive physiotherapy techniques including:
- Chiropractic Adjustments
- Moist Heat/Cryotherapy
- Electric Muscle Stimulation
- Massage Therapy
- Ultrasound Treatment
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Corrective & Strengthening Exercises
- Physical Therapy
Sciatica is only a symptom, so it won’t go away until we get to the actual source of the irritation to the sciatic nerve. Seeking chiropractic care now can save you from dealing with pain later.
Get Sciatica Relief Today at Canby Chiropractic & Injury Clinic
Contact our caring and compassionate team at Canby Chiropractic & Injury Clinic today by calling 503-266-5858 to schedule a consultation with our chiropractor in Canby, OR. We look forward to helping you live a happier and pain-free life!